MicroProfile, an Open-Source Community that collaborates on enterprise Java microservices, is pleased to announce the release of MicroProfile 6.1!
MicroProfile 6.1 adopts Jakarta EE 10 Core Profile. Jakarta EE 10 Core Profile defines a base profile to deliver the components used by MicroProfile as a single, complete package. In this release, MicroProfile Config, Metrics and Telemetry has minor updates.
Required Specifications for MicroProfile 6 Compatible Products:
- MicroProfile Config 3.1
- MicroProfile Fault Tolerance 4.0
- MicroProfile Health 4.0
- MicroProfile JWT Authentication 2.1
- MicroProfile Metrics 5.1
- MicroProfile OpenAPI 3.1
- MicroProfile Telemetry 1.1
- MicroProfile Rest Client 3.0
- Jakarta EE 10 Core Profile
MicroProfile 6.1 allows products to be certified on Java SE 11 or higher. The initial compatible implementation for MicroProfile 6.1 is Open Liberty 220.127.116.11-beta. The test results for MicroProfile 6.1 can be viewed from here.
The release follows the new MicroProfile Specification Process that adds agility to the release process that allows the working group to deliver multiple releases each year.
MicroProfile 6.1 component specification updates
Figure 1: MicroProfile Specifications
Figure 1 outlines the specifications included in MicroProfile 6.0 and standalone specifications. The MicroProfile 6.0 component specification updates are outlined in the MicroProfile 6.1 presentation.
Additional benefits include:
- Extensive integration, focused on Cloud Native Computing features
- No vendor lock-in. Code portability and run-time interoperability are provided by products that adhere to the certification process.
- Annotation-based and programmatic APIs
- MicroProfile Starter for MicroProfile project generation
- A command-line interface (CLI) to generate Gradle or Maven projects.
MicroProfile is active, certified products are being created and work is active both in the working group, and by vendors.
The MicroProfile community is thriving and always on the lookout for new members to join the family. This Open Source community cares about its members and will do its best to keep the hurdles of getting involved as low as possible. Join us!
Get your projects started with:
Join a MicroProfile live-discussion:
Participate in the MicroProfile Mailing forums: