Get your projects started quickly.
Starting today, MicroProfile Starter (Beta) is available. MicroProfile Starter is a new resource for developers to learn how to get started with MicroProfile. MicroProfile Starter helps developers kickstart their microservices development journey, choosing the runtime they’re most comfortable with from the list of available implementations for the MicroProfile version selected. After entering a few pieces of information into the form, MicroProfile Starter will generate a zipped file with source code and a README file. It’s that easy!
MicroProfile Starter will initially run in Beta mode until enough feedback and enhancements have been gathered by the community, at which point, it will become generally available. Users can give feedback and suggestions to help the evolution of MicroProfile Starter. So, please help us get it ready for public release!
Here’s How to Use MicroProfile Starter “Beta”:
- Visit start.microprofile.io.
- Enter your groupID and artifactID into the text boxes (or leave default values).
- Choose MicroProfile version from the drop-down menu.
- The server implementations available for the chosen MicroProfile version will appear in the MicroProfile Server drop-down menu. If you don’t see an implementation you would like to use, try selecting a different MicroProfile version.
- Choose your Bean Discovery Mode (or leave default value).
- Check the boxes for the specifications for which you want to receive code examples.
- Click the download button to save the generated zipped file.
To Make Suggestions for Improvements:
- While on the tool, click Give Feedback in the upper right corner of start.microprofile.io – or go directly to Github to raise an issue.
- Check to see if someone already suggested your improvement or issue.
- If you have a new improvement to suggest, create a new issue.
Thank you for your cooperation!